- Flour (500 g)
- Fresh baker’s yeast (25 g)
- Water (160 ml)
- White wine (50 ml)
- Salt (1 pinch)
- Oil for the sofrito
Put the flour, salt and wine in a large bowl. Meanwhile, heat the water a little in the microwave, dissolve the yeast in it and add it to the rest, also add 8 or 10 spoonfuls of the oil from the sofrito, we give you some ideas below.
Now it’s time for the hard part, kneading, either with your hands, with a bread maker or with the Thermomix. When it reaches a consistency, cover it with a cloth and leave it to rest until it doubles in volume.
Ideas for empanadas
- Octopus and tetilla cheese empanada
- Mussels and chorizo pie
- Sardines and peppers empanada
- Scallop and sweet corn empanada
- Tuna, spinach and pine nuts empanada