The Spanish Consumer Organisation (OCU) ran a ranking of the best tuna canned brands. Among the top 10 brands 6 of them are from Galicia: Calvo, Albo, Rianxeira, Palacio de Oriente, Orbe and Dani.
According to the data extracted from this ranking not only the quality of the Galician canned food is evident in raw material TUNA, but also on the ingredients used on its elaboration, emphasizing the quality of olive oil, an essential part of canned tuna. The study ensures the quality is excellent, taste is great and olive oil is unique.
Once again, Galician canning sector demonstrates its quality and leadership.
These are the top ten ranking brands:
1. Calvo Tuna in sunflower oil (82 points)
2. Albo clear tuna in olive oil (81 points)
3. Aliada light tuna in sunflower oil (79 points)
4. Rianxeira clear tuna in sunflower oil (78 points)
5. Palacio de Oriente clear tuna in olive oil (78 points)
6. Calvo White Tuna in sunflower Oil (78 points)
7. Carrefour clear tuna in olive oil (76 points)
8. Orbe light tuna in vegetable oil (76 points)
9. Dani tuna sunflower oil (76 points)
10. Sal de plata (Aldi) Clear Tuna in Sunflower Oil (74 points)