Fish and seafood, both fresh and canned, are a perfect choice to eat a tasty, healthy and varied meal. Today we show you seven reasons to eat canned fish and shellfish:
- 1. It is easy to prepare: open a can, put it on a plate and add a few slices of onion, pepper or just a slice of bread. A delicacy up to everyone!
- 2. It is a very healthy food. It’s part of a mediterranean diet and, if you don’t mix it with pretty fatty ingredients, it has low caloric intake. It can be consumed several times a week.
- 3. It contains vitamins D and B, iron, zinc and iodine. These minerals are essential for our body proper functioning.
- 4. This elaboration is handmade. Fish is worked with the same procedures as 100 years ago. They are like “home-made”.ç
- 5. High content of fatty acids, including OMEGA-3. Also, they are an excellent source of high biological value proteins and their content in carbohydrates is very low. Even more, they don’t contain gluten.
- 6. The storage is easy. The cans can be stacked in pantries and cupboards without using a lot of space. They also have a very long life, so you can buy them in advance and enjoy them at any time.
- 7. Many recipes, tasty and varied, can be prepared by mixing canned fish. They are a great resource for preparing tapas and snacks.