Canned food has gone from being a mere culinary resource with which to get out of a hurry, to one of the most chic gastronomic trends of the moment.
But, as with any product, we must be cautious when handling them, so we leave you 7 tips to recognize preserves in poor condition.
- Avoid cans with any kind of scratch, blow or dent.
- Get rid of those that have signs of leaks, oxidation on the edges or are bulging.
- If it contains foam inside, it smells bad and/or looks bad, throw it away.
- It is important to distinguish between preserves and semi-preserves, as the latter must be kept in the fridge.
- Reject any canned food that does not correspond to the usual flavor.
- Do not consume the contents that when opening the container releases air or liquid under pressure.
- Look for the sanitary register that all the cans have, in case you don’t find it, don’t consume it, by law, they are obliged to take it.
Cover photo: The Gourmet Journal