We leave you with 9 tips for a correct and efficient use of canned fish and seafood as well as for a preparation worthy of a gourmet restaurant:
The 9 tips
- Never throw away the liquid from the preserves: you can keep it for stir-fry, for a salad, a pizza, etc.
- The simpler the ingredient, the better it goes with it. A delicious bread, pickles, olives, parsley, raw onion.
- Another very healthy option is to prepare a dish with sardines, natural tomatoes, olive oil and a wholemeal toast.
- We can mix the preserves with butter and eat them with bread or fresh radishes.
- A very good combination is sardines or mackerel with avocado and ground chili. Or with chopped onion, parsley and hard-boiled egg.
- They are also excellent with cold rice, aioli or mayonnaise, lemon, chopped celery, grated carrot and lemon.
- They can be eaten with pasta, adding them over a good sauce based on natural crushed tomatoes. Or also, pasta with sardines, capers and pepper.
- They go well with almost any salad, such as the classic niçoise: some anchovies on top of the traditional potato salad.
- If you happen to have something left over, remove it from the tin and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge.